The Williamsport Billies are another in a long line of historic Pennsylvania basketball teams. They played in the EBA (later known as the CBA), from 1947 through 1964. They were very successful on the court, making the playoffs in 11 of those seasons and won three EBA titles in 1950, 1953, and 1954. The team was named for the town they played in, Williamsport, which is nicknamed "Billtown". So the Billies got their team name from the town's nickname and used a Billy Goat as their logo.